Welcome to Julestar Kennels. We have for a number of years been international breeders of quality Northern Inuit and British Timber Dogs. My British Timber Dogs combine my Northern Inuit as founders to create our BTD. Assuring similar characteristics and temperament. Shaman is my main founder dog and has put his stamp through my lines over the years. His progeny is recognised in many circles.
The *Julestar* affix was registered in 1976
I also have Catalan Sheepdogs (Gos D'Atura catala). Being a founder breeder in the UK
I was a founder committee member of The Catalan Sheepdog Club of Great Britain acting as Breeder Officer and Health and Welfare liason.
I am currently Vice Chairperson and Breed Adviser on The Committee of The British Timber Dog Association, who founded the breed and hold the official data base.
We live in a remote smallholding in N.E.Lincolnshire with a mixed menagerie. I have lived with animals and dogs all my life and have had an active interest in rarebreeds. In particular "Wolf like" breeds. With these, it was and still is, very much "Love at first sight, forever smitten". I am still awed by their majestic presence while still being friendly, fun and very loving. They have a charisma unequelled.
Our dogs are our family and enjoy a home environment, combined with their own areas for excersize and socialising.
We always adhere very strictly to codes of conduct in our breeding programme and vigorously promote and encourage understanding of the breeds. We concentrate on quality as opposed to quantity. We will gladly discuss your requirements with you and recommend fellow approved breeders who may have a puppy or older dog available. Or, place you on our list for a *Julestar* puppy.
We are International breeders and export worldwide. We complete all the necessary documentation and health requirements for your country. We only use trusted professional couriers.
Promote the recognition and understanding of our breeds.
Promote healthy and robust dogs in our breeding programme.
Provide advice, help and offer unity of like minded people through our forum and activities here at The Lodge.
Is, the main *Julestar* Northern Inuit and British Timber Dog proactive forum for our dogs. Here, you can keep updated with the daily life here at The Lodge. It offers much support and information for our "People Pack" and their *Julestar* bred companions.
Just click on the link and join our group dedicated to the love of our breeds.
THE TEN COMMANDMENTS
From a Dog's Point of View
1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Regular separation from you will be painful and can even cause depression. Think before you buy me.
2. Give me time to understand what you want from me don't be impatient, short-tempered or irritable.
3. Place your trust in me and I will always trust you back, respect is earned not given as some sort of inalienable right.
4. Don't be angry with me for long, and don't lock me up as punishment. I am not capable of understanding why I am being locked up. I only know I have been rejected. You have your work, entertainment and friends. I only have you.
5. Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your tone. "You only have to look at my tail" to know that.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget, if that treatment is unjust or bad, it may spoil the special bond between us.
7. Please do not hit me. I cannot hit back, but I can bite and scratch and I don't ever want to feel the need to do that.
8. Before you tell me off me for being uncooperative, obstinate, or lazy, ask yourself if something might be wrong with me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food or I've been out in the sun too long, maybe my heart is getting old and weak, or maybe I'm just dog-tired.
9. Take care of me when I get old. You too will grow old and will also want care, love, and affection.
10. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say, "I can't bear to watch" or "Let it happen in my absence".
Everything is easier for me if you are there. Remember, Irrespective of what you do I will always love you.
Please browse through our website and sign our Guest Book